B-Mount® Battery Interface
The B-Mount battery interface is an open industry standard endorsed by ARRI and developed by bebob. It offers significant advantages over previous systems, including high power and multi-voltage capability, smooth mechanics and universal battery communication.
Cross-compatible with popular on-set camera and lighting equipment from manufacturers worldwide, the B-Mount makes it possible to supply all devices on set with one single battery system.
for Cameras & Lights
Streamline your power needs for easy and efficient shooting:
The B-Mount interface offers maximum flexibility regarding the choice of batteries and accessories on set.
It has three times the potential to meet increasing on-set power needs than traditional 12V systems – offering a sustainable solution to meet the increasing power consumption of modern cameras and lighting.
One for All – 24V and 12V
B-Mount batteries from bebob provide 24 Volt high-power but also support multi-voltage (both 12 Volt and 24 Volt) – widening the range of equipment that can be utilized on set.
Furthermore, bebob offers customized V-Mount and Gold Mount adapter plates to power various cameras and lights with B-Mount batteries.
Being adaptable for the respective needs of each device, B-Mount batteries make it possible to supply all devices on set with one battery system.
Main Benefits at a Glance
- Future-proof: B-Mount offers a sustainable solution to meet the increasing power consumption of modern cameras and lighting.
- High power capability: B-Mount batteries provide a dedicated mobile power supply for high performance 24V devices.
- Multi-Voltage: B-Mount batteries from bebob provide 24 Volt high-power and also support multi-voltage (both 12 Volt and 24 Volt).
- One for all: Being adaptable for the respective needs of each device, B-Mount batteries make it possible to supply all devices on set with one battery system.
- Smooth mechanics: The solid engineering of the B-Mount interface guarantees a sturdy connection, featuring the seamless interlocking of individual components.
- Open protocol for advanced communication: B-Mount batteries provide accurate information on run time and charge time, even with stackable batteries – increasing efficiency on set.
- Universal industry standard: B-Mount is an universal 24 Volt industry standard for cameras and lights. Tech specs are published openly.
- You are talking about 12V and 24V systems, but my batteries read 14.4V?
- Today’s 12V Lithium-ion batteries read 14.4V nominal with 4s designs (using four cells in series in the battery pack). 24V Lithium-ion batteries read 26.5V nominal with 7s designs and 28.8V nominal with 8s designs.
- Can I power my 12V devices with the B-Mount battery system?
- Yes, our B-Mount batteries offer this opportunity. You need one of our 12V B-Mount power plates in addition, which will only pass 12V through from the battery to your device.
- Which cameras and lights can be powered with B-Mount batteries?
- We are continuously extending the range of compatible B-Mount adapter plates for the most popular cameras and lights. We are continuously extending the range of compatible B-Mount adapter plates for the most popular cameras and lights. You can find our available plates here.
- What are the benefits of bebob B-Mount batteries compared to 26V batteries?
- There are several advantages. The two most important are: More power and multi-voltage capability. Voltage is directly related to power, both units correlate – the higher the voltage, the more power you get. bebob B-Mount batteries provide full 28,8V (instead of only 26V) – so they are a sustainable solution to meet the increasing power consumption of modern cameras and lighting. In addition, our B-Mount batteries provide 28,8V. There’s no up-conversion needed which would create heat and stress on the battery cells. And because of their multi-voltage capability, our B-Mount products allow you to supply all devices on set with one single battery system.
- Is there any voltage conversion necessary to switch between the 12V and the 24V mode of bebob B-Mount batteries?
- There’s no conversion necessary! bebob B-Mount batteries support true dual voltage capability and switch between 28,8V and 14,4V. This is ensured by the smart 8s/4s cell pack design of bebob B-Mount batteries which allows to switch between 4s and 8s (12V mode/4s: 14,4V; 24V mode/8s: 28,8V) and to operate in a 12V environment or/and in a 24V environment. There is no up-conversion necessary to amplify voltage from 14,4V to 28,8V.
- What is the maximum load of bebob B-Mount batteries? And why is 20A continuous amperage important?
- The bebob B-Mount max. continuous current is Imax = 20A (with a continuous power of min. 400W). This is a great advantage compared to 26V batteries with a 20A peak amperage only: Secure operations on set need the highest continuous amperage possible, regardless of the equipment in use, the power inrush and continuous consumption on set. bebob B-Mount batteries guarantee 20A continuous amperage, all components and the circuit designs are high-quality, durable and withstand high power easily. Specifications have been comprehensively tested, qualified and certified.
- Do bebob B-Mount batteries turn off when the release button is pressed, and why?
- Yes, to prevent damage to the camera. When current flows to the camera (while the battery is being removed), sparks are generated. The higher the current and power, the more sparks are produced. This will cause burns and damage to the camera's contacts, which over time can cause the camera to stop working. Theoretically, the camera should always be turned off when the battery is removed. If this is not the case, a bebob B-Mount battery will turn itself off before removal for safety's sake.
- Why was it previously not necessary to turn off the battery before removing it?
- After the introduction of the first digital cameras (ARRI Alexa, RED One), there were failures due to melted or burnt contacts. This happened with power consumption of 110W to max. 150W at that time. bebob B-Mount batteries deliver 450W of continuous power, three to four times the power of the batteries of that time. The risk of camera failure is correspondingly higher. Therefore, it was imperative to install a protection mechanism.
- Can the release button of the bebob B-Mount batteries accidentally cause the camera to shut down?
- Not accidentally: To actually trigger the battery via this button and consequently switch off the camera, a stronger pressure and a purposeful downward movement to the stop are required. All this together does not happen by accident, but only intentionally. So far we are not aware of any cases where pressing the release button accidentally resulted in the camera shutting down.
- Why the use of a hot-swap adapter is recommended:
- For years, digital cameras have generally been used with hot-swap adapters to ensure sustained, uninterrupted operation and maximum operational safety. Therefore, the bebob B-Mount portfolio is also completed by a hot-swap, the B90HS.
- What kind of charger do I need to charge a bebob B-Mount battery fully to 100%?
- Either the bebob B-Mount chargers or an equivalent 4s or 8s battery charger (16,8V or 33,6V). The max. charge voltage is 33,6V (in 24V mode/ 8s batteries) or 16,8V (in 12V mode/4s batteries). A 26V/7s battery charger is not sufficient, because this would only achieve approx. 1/3 of the potential capacity. Therefore the battery won´t be capable to deliver its full capacity due to a false charger operation.
- How can I see the battery life status of a bebob B-Mount battery?
- The actual quality of a battery can be evaluated by the ratio of the Actual Full Capacity and its Original Capacity (when it was new) in %. This parameter is also called “state of health”. In order to guarantee the company’s high-quality standards, bebob offers a status alert for its B-Mount batteries that shows their quality ratio. As soon as the actual full capacity of older batteries falls below 70%, the LED status indicator lights up orange, and changes to red once it falls below 50%. This way permanent insight into the condition of your batteries is guaranteed and you can decide whether to get the cells replaced or not.